- Bachelor of science in engineering, engineering technology or related technical field. Other degrees may be eligible but applicants will not be admitted with deficiencies.
- A GPA of 3.0 is recommended.
- Online Application, statement of purpose and application fee:
- Official transcripts from all senior colleges.
- GRE or GMAT verbal and quantitative scores. *See waiver information below.
- TOEFL or IELTS score if applicable.
- Three professional letters of reference and a current resume.
*A GRE/GMAT waiver can be requested if you:
- Have submitted a complete application, to include transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Have a 3.0+ GPA from undergraduate courses and meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Have at least 3 years of work experience OR
- Have a master's degree OR
- Have expired GRE/GMAT test scores
Please note that meeting the above criteria does not guarantee your waiver request will be approved. Waiver requests must be submitted 1 month prior to the application deadline for your intended semester of entry.
Spring waiver requests are due on or before October 1.
Fall waiver requests are due on or before June 1.
To be considered for a waiver, please reach out to Lauren Salinas.
After you have submitted your application and application fee, you will be able to upload the following:
- College transcripts – uploaded official transcripts are considered unofficial but are sufficient for application review.
- Official transcripts bear the facsimile signature of the registrar and the seal of the issuing institution. Transcripts from U.S. colleges or universities must have been produced within the last calendar year, and transcripts written in a language other than English must be accompanied by a translation.
Please note: upon admission you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Official transcripts from each university or senior college attended. If you are a former UT undergraduate, transcripts will be requested for you automatically.
- Priority Deadline: The priority deadline for international applicants in visa status F or J is April 1.
- Final Deadline: In order to be considered for the fall semester, completed applications must be received no later than July 1st.
- Priority Deadline: The priority deadline for international applicants in visa status F or J is September 1.
- Final Deadline: In order to be considered for the spring semester, completed applications must be received no later than November 1st.
Applications are received and reviewed on a year-round basis. Admission decisions are made as application files are completed. Early application is strongly encouraged.
No decision to admit will be made until all required materials have been received. Applications completed after the deadline may be subject to additional fees due to late registration charges. These expenses will be passed on to students and are payable at enrollment.
Admissions decisions are made on the basis of a holistic review of all completed applications, including transcripts, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and industry experience.
For additional information on our graduate programs please contact:
Lauren Salinas at 512.232.5199.