37th Annual Short Course Grouting Fundamentals and Current PracticeJune 13 - 17, 2016
The same popular course previously hosted by the University of Florida, Missouri-Rolla, and most recently at the Colorado School of Mines has a proud new home at The University of Texas at Austin.
The online shopping cart is closed. Please contact Victoria Klimt at email@example.com for more information. Onsite registration will be available.
|Date(s)||June 13-17, 2016|
|Time(s)||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Instructor(s)||View all instructors.|
**Fee Includes: Instructional materials, continental breakfast, lunch, & refreshments.
Practical Handbook of Grouting: Soil, Rock, and Structures
Dam Foundation Grouting - Revised and Expanded
Specialty Construction Techniques for Dam and Levee Remediation
|Location|| Thompson Conference Center
2405 Robert Dedman Dr
Austin, TX 78712
Map and Directions
The online shopping cart is closed.
Since 1979 the Grouting Fundamentals and Current Practice course has covered pressure grouting as a method to improve geotechnical characteristics of soils and rock masses, with special focus on mechanisms, theories, and practical applications of grouting to ground densification and strengthening, permeability reduction and groundwater cutoffs. The course faculty includes recognized international authorities and leaders in the grouting industry, with several instructors having dedicated their efforts to this course for more than 30 years.
Major topics include rheological properties of cementitious and chemical grouts, procedures for cement and chemical grouting, grouting of rock under dams, grouting of rock anchors and micropiles, deep mixing, jet grouting, cutoff walls and composite seepage barriers, compaction grouting, slab jacking, structural grouting, grouting for underground structures, overburden and rock drilling methods, and field monitoring/instrumentation. A half-day field demonstration is included in the curriculum, focusing on compaction and permeation grouting, penetration of ultrafine cements, hydraulic fracturing, computer monitoring, grout mixing, uses of cellular grouts, overburden drilling methods, grouting of rock anchors, and use of borehole packers.
The curriculum has been developed for Owners, Regulators, Consultants and Contractors having interest in the applications of pressure grouting to a broad array of geo-structural construction and remediation techniques. The course is also intended for petroleum engineering personnel involved in well drilling and operations.
Monday, June 13, 2016
- 8:00 – 8:10 a.m. Opening Remarks - Kieffer
- 8:10 – 9:40 a.m. Introduction to Grouting - Warner
- 9:50 – 11:20 a.m. Grout Types and Rheology - El Mohtar
- 11:30 – 12:30 p.m. Cementitious Grout Mix Design – Warner
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch
- 1:30 – 3:10 p.m. Chemical Grout Materials and Applications – Warner / Anderson
- 3:20 – 3:55 p.m. Foaming Agents and Cellular Grouts – Gomez
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. Engineering Geologic Considerations for Rock Mass Grouting - Kieffer
- 5:15 – 6:45p.m. Icebreaker Reception
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
- 8:00 – 9:40 a.m. Cement Grouting in Rock – Dreese
- 9:50 – 10:50 a.m. The GIN Method for Rock Grouting – Katterbach / Gazzarrini
- 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. Aperture Controlled Grouting – Carter
- 11:45 – 12:45 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45 – 1:30 p.m. Quantitative Design of Grout Curtains – Dreese
- 1:35 – 2:25 p.m. Recent Advantages in Grouting Technology – Dreese
- 2:35 – 3:25 p.m. Case Histories - Dam Remediation Projects – Dreese
- 3:35 – 5:20 p.m. Limited Mobility Grouting – Warner
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
- 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. Compaction Grouting – Harris
- 9:10 – 10:00 a.m. Slab Jacking and Grout Jacking – Miluski
- 10:10 – 11:30 a.m. Compensation Grouting – Kettle
- 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. Field Demonstration
Thursday, June 16, 2016
- 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. Permeation Grouting of Soils – Warner
- 9:40 – 10:40 a.m. Drilling for Grouting Operations – Bruce
- 10:50 – 11:50 a.m. Rock Anchors – Bruce
- 11:50 – 12:50 p.m. Lunch
- 12:50 – 1:35 p.m. Micropiles – Bruce
- 1:40 – 3:10 p.m. Cutoff Walls & Composite Seepage Barriers – Bruce
- 3:20 – 5:00 p.m. Jet Grouting – Burke
- 5:05 – 5:45 p.m. Crisis Management – Bruce
Friday, June 17, 2016
- 8:00 – 8:35 a.m. Jet Grouting (continued) – Gazzarrini
- 8:40 – 9:50 a.m. Grouting Instrumentation – Choquet
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Structural Grouting – Warner
- 11:10 – 12:30 p.m. Pre-Excavation Grouting in Rock Tunnels – Hognestad
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch
- 1:30 – 2:20 p.m. Post-Excavation Grouting in Underground Construction – Kieffer
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Grouting for Ground Control in Underground Construction – Schmall
- 3:40 – 4:25 p.m. Contractual Considerations for Grouting Works – Bandimere
- 4:40 – 5:00 pm Open Discussion with Course Faculty
This Course is Co-Hosted by:
"A uniquely comprehensive collection of grouting experts all in one place, greatly facilitating collaboration and discussion between grouting professionals."
-- A Paisley, Schnabel Engineering
"Review of grout fundamentals reinforced by known experts; good participation and cross-section of industry manufacturers, contractors, engineers and owners. A truly wonderful experience."
-- F. Maestas, Magnus Pacific LLC
"This was a great program that I think would be appreciated by a broad audience of geologists, engineers, consultants and contractors. Excellent presenters with a high level of knowledge."
-- F. Aakerman, Gannett Fleming
"The most significant strengths of the program include experts from around the world, covering a wide range of subjects and the latest technologies."
-- Greg Norris, Veit
"The knowledge of instructors is above and beyond anywhere else. An exceptional experience. I would recommend course to anyone involved in any aspect of the grouting industry, geotechnical or engineering fields."
-- B. Richardson, AZ Ram Jack
"The information learned from this course is priceless. I look forward to coming again."
-- S. Mercier, Kiewit Construction Co.
"I have wanted to attend this class for almost 10 years. Finally made it. Course met my expectations and I can’t wait to get home and put new knowledge into practice."
-- A. Nagy
For a list of local hotels, click here.