Explore different communication styles and utilize strategies and tools to increase effectiveness in a variety of organizational contexts.
Engineering teams build great products, and at the core of the effort are both technology and communication. When product teams fail, it is not because they can’t solve technical problems. It is because the people problems impede progress. Individual engineers need tools and practice to build skills that enable smooth communications, where requirements are understood, handoffs proceed smoothly, and engineers can do their best work.
This course provides engineers the opportunity to understand their own communication style as well as that of others. And with this understanding, participants are able to learn new ways to reach their audiences. Mastery of communications enables us to make dramatic improvements in our own effectiveness as well as that of the organization as a whole.
This Communications 101 course provides participants an opportunity to practice, to discover new approaches, and to see the results of applying their new skills.
By the end of the course, participants will leave with the following new knowledge and skills.
- Understand different communication styles and how to apply that knowledge.
- Practice using communication tools to increase effectiveness.
- Understand how to recognize the appropriate kind of information to convey.
- Practice managing conflict and handling disagreement.
- Understand how to leverage diversity and communicate across cultures.
- Understand how to communicate within virtual teams.
Required textbook: Act Like a Leader, Think Like a Leader by Herminia Ibarra
|July 15 – 16, 2020||Online||$1,995|
Group Registration Fee: For groups of three or more participants, contact Program Coordinator to register.