- A B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field is required. Other degrees might be eligible with the required skill set.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following three areas either through education or experience: data structures, algorithms, and Java or C++.
- An upper-division GPA of 3.0 is recommended.
- Twelve months of industry-related experience is preferred but not required; graduating seniors are encouraged to apply.
- Online Application, statement of purpose and application fee:
- Official transcripts from all senior colleges.
- GRE verbal and quantitative scores.
- TOEFL or IELTS score if applicable.
- Three professional letters of reference and a current resume.
After you have submitted your application and application fee, you will be able to upload the following:
- College transcripts - uploaded transcripts are considered unofficial but are sufficient for application review.
Please note: upon admission you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Official transcripts from each university or senior college attended. If you are a former UT undergraduate, transcripts will be requested for you automatically.
- Final Deadline: In order to be considered for the fall semester, completed applications must be received no later than July 1st.
- Final Deadline: In order to be considered for the spring semester, completed applications must be received no later than December 1st.
Applications are received and reviewed on a year-round basis. Admission decisions are made as application files are completed. Early application is strongly encouraged.
No decision to admit will be made until all required materials have been received. Applications completed after the deadline may be subject to additional fees due to late registration charges. These expenses will be passed on to students and are payable at enrollment.
Admissions decisions are made on the basis of a holistic review of all completed applications, including transcripts, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and industry experience.
For additional information on our graduate programs please contact:
Anne Welch at 512.232.5169.